pug life

I love dogs. I know many people can relate to that statement. They are adorable creatures who express lots of affection and loyalty. Honestly we don’t deserve them. I have always wanted a dog, but sadly they are expensive and require a lot of care so my parents never got one. On top of that my mom is afraid of dogs, but I have been bitten by a dog and I am not scared of them so I don’t accept her fear. Lately I have been trying to convince my parents that getting a dog would be good for them because it would fill the hole in their hearts after I left for college, but all I receive from them are eye rolls or scoffs. It truly saddens me that they do not see the joys of dogs, but there is only so much I can do. This is not my home to tell them what to do, and I am broke so I can not get a dog and care for it myself. It is a shame, but I know that in the future when I have my own house I will for sure own a dog. Two actually.

Out of all the dog breeds my favorite type is Pugs. I have no idea exactly how my Pug obsession began, but I love them very much. It’s kind of weird because I have never actually met a Pug, and I have only seen around 3 in my life. I clearly remember the last time I saw one. My dad and I were driving home from school and in the distance I could see a small little Pug. As we pulled closer I made my dad go slowly so I could take a good look at it. I began tearing up at its sight-- my dad was so confused and weirded out. But anyway it is an experience I will never forget. I own two Pug t-shirts, and if you have seen my laptop I also have a Pug sticker. I follow multiple Pug accounts on many social media sites. One of my favorite account is America’s sweetheart Doug the Pug. If you like dog accounts I recommend following him. Overall, I look forward to the day that I can have my own Pug.

And here’s a link to a great video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtpK9uxTZhE&t=21s

Comments

  1. This is a great post. I definitely agree that dogs are very cool. My family has a miniature dachshund and she is very cute. I've always wanted like a huge dog though because I think it would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dogs as well, even though I don't have one. I have a sun conure at home and he is really loud, so my family has been thinking of getting a dog once he passes. I like smaller dogs too, but if I had to choose a breed to get it wouldn't be a pug, it would probably be beagle. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you really love dogs. I could literally feel your excitement! I have two and can say that it is definitely a lot of work but its nice to have them for comfort. Cute post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dogs more than I love myself. Once when I was 10 my family got a dog, but we shortly got rid of him because he was too aggressive. I loved him with all my heart, but my cruel parents had no sympathy. I still beg for a dog, to no avail. Once my mom said that she was going to get a dog to fill the void that I leave after college, but I started crying so she dropped it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m more of a cat person so I can’t exactly say I relate but I can tell you really like dogs. I probably won’t ever get a dog but hopefully you’ll get yours sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun fact: pugs originated from China! I never knew until recently when I saw this adorable video of a bunch of pugs riding in toy trucks that looked like they were in China. I've never seen pugs before in China so I looked it up. I hope you get a pug someday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like dogs a lot as well. My preference leans more towards the larger and quieter dogs but pugs are cool as well. Some day in the future I hop you fulfill your dream of getting a pug. Nice Post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww. I'm happy that you have found so much joy in pugs that just the sight of them makes you tear up. I am a cat lover and I can't even say the same for cats. I hope you get your pugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like dogs too! My favorite type of dog is a bulldog. I think it's very interesting that you've only seen a real pug a few times but they're still your favorite dog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like dogs a lot as well. I have a large english bulldog but I like any big dog. English bulldogs are great because they're cute and they have a great temperament. I don't think I've met many pugs in person either so I can't really say how I feel about them. This was cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mom is also afraid of dogs! But I've always wanted a dog. Back when there was a puppy shop at the mall I used to spend hours playing with all the dogs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment